What are the Gatsby Benchmarks?
The Gatsby Benchmarks were developed on behalf of the Gatsby Foundation by Sir John Holman. They define what world class careers provision in education looks like and provide a clear framework for organising the careers provision at your school or college.
The benchmarks are enshrined in statutory guidance and as a Careers Leader, it is your responsibility to oversee the implementation of the benchmarks in your education setting.
The 8 Gatsby Benchmarks are:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from careers and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each student
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Find out more
For further information on the Gatsby Benchmarks and statutory guidance, please visit the following sites:
Gatsby Benchmark resources
Are you looking for resources to support you in achieving the Gatsby Benchmarks? Visit our Resource Directory to find everything you need.Find out more