We want every young person to access modern, 21st century careers education, no matter what their background or circumstance. We work with special schools across England, as well as with Careers Leaders who design and deliver careers education programmes tailored to the needs of young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in mainstream schools and colleges.
Our work to make careers education as high impact as possible for young people with SEND includes specialist resources, training, events, a dedicated community of practice, a network of business volunteers who are experienced at working with young people with SEND, as well as dedicated SEND Enterprise Coordinators we can partner your school or college with to improve your careers education programme.
There is a wide range of resources to support the careers development of young people with SEND. You can easily access and browse them all, in one convenient place, by visiting our Resource Directory.Find out more
How we support schools and colleges that support young people with SEND
- Provide day-to-day support tailored to your school or college's needs with our SEND Enterprise Coordinator
- Advise on which careers programme providers, activities and resources are most effective
- Work with local employers to coordinate experiences of the workplace for your students that are tailored to their needs.
- A bank of resources used by professionals across the country
- A community of practice for careers professionals in special schools and who work with young people with SEND.
All Careers Leaders require outstanding training
Are you a Careers Leader working in a SEND school or college? Our training is for you.Find out more