Become a Cornerstone Employer
Our mission is to make sure every young person can find their best next step out of education and into the world of work and core to that is the bridge between employers and schools and colleges.
What is a Cornerstone Employer?
Our Cornerstone Employers are a flagship community of more than 300 businesses across England. They work with our Careers Hubs, to support world class careers education at scale in their local region.
Find out more
To learn how to get involved or find out more, register your interest now.Contact our Business Partnerships Team
Sometimes the worlds of education and business talk past each other. But when they come together with co-ordination and purpose, young people benefit in extraordinary ways. They gain vital skills and experiences and deep insights into what comes next. There are wider benefits too. Schools and colleges get access to new thinking and partners for their careers’ programmes. Employers get a chance to support their future workforce.
Oli de Botton, Chief Executive at The Careers & Enterprise Company
Why become a Cornerstone Employer?
Cornerstone Employers tell us getting involved in their local community through this programme does everything from making their recruitment more effective, to making their talent pipeline stronger, and ensuring their connection to local people is deeper. But more specifically, it can help your business to:
- Influence and inspire more young people to enter your industry, collaborate with like-minded businesses and have greater collective impact
- Build a diverse future talent pipeline and help to fill skills gaps
- Back social mobility in your local area by working with Careers Hubs to support those who face the most barriers to reach their potential when they leave education
- Increase employee engagement, developing key skills and experience
Hear from one of our Cornerstone Employers
Watch our video - why BAE Systems are backing social mobility.
What we expect from you
By partnering with us in this way, we can deliver a number of benefits to both young people in the local region, as well as your business and wider industry. Your involvement will include:
- Working with our team in your local Careers Hub and other employers on the ground to engage directly with schools and colleges in a joined up and supported way
- Engaging your staff to join our network of business volunteers who partner with schools/ colleges and inspire young people across your region
- Inspiring other businesses to join our mission to transform the lives of young people in your area
We want to raise young people’s career aspirations in our sector. We believe that all students should have equal opportunities so that they can be the best that they can be. We also believe that careers education supports our future talent pipeline, our social value strategy, and our clients.
Morgan Sindall Construction, Cornerstone Employer
Find out more
With a complex, fast-changing labour market, the need for high quality workplace experiences and links to employers has never been greater. You can make a difference by becoming a Cornerstone Employer.
To learn how to get involved or find out more register your interest now.